It is important to have a password that is easy to remember, but hard to guess.
Hackers can guess your password if it is a name or word from the dictionary.
The best password will contain the following:
- At least two Capital letters
- At least one lower-case letter
- At least one number
- At least two symbols
- Padding characters
Writing down your password is the most common security risk.
But imagining and then remembering such a password can be difficult.
Ok, here is how to make great passwords.
- Start with a really simple word or name at least 8 letters long. I will use my name: smartweb
- Change two letters to symbols that look similar. Use $ for s, @ for a, ! for i, and so on: [email protected]
- Change a letter to a number that looks similar. Use 1 for l, 0 for o, 8 for b, and so on:
- Include two Capital letters, like this: [email protected]
Great! Now you have a password that is easy to remember, but hard to guess.
It is acceptable to make a few different passwords and reuse them for different sites and devices. Just be sure that you don't reuse your most important passwords.
- 1 Users Found This Useful
The internal server error may be caused by permission error, malicious traffic that exhaust...
A brute force attack is detected when someone repeatedly attempts (and fails) to login to a...
Wordpress Login - Brute Force Attack There is a worldwide, highly-distributed WordPress attack...
The most important thing to do is keep your passwords a secret. If you must give a password...